Sunday, July 15, 2012
Monsoon Magic- Fried Almond Chicken
The magic of monsoon is back again and I have come up with this fusion snacks-Fried Almondy chicken.Chicken when marinated with lemon and honey-makes it super tender and soft.The coating of almond flour and bread crumbs makes it super crisp.
Enjoy it hot and crispy with a dip of your liking.
1. Boneless Chicken – 250 gm
2.Ginger& garlic paste- ½ tsp
3.Lemon juice-1 tbsp
6.Plain flour (maida) – 2.5 tbsp
7.Egg – 1, bitten
8.Milk – 1 tbsp
9.Ground almonds – 1/2 cup
Take ½ cup(around 50 gm) almonds in a grinder.Add ½ tbsp of plain flour and blend it.
Plain flour is used here to prevent the almonds from getting clumps as the flour absorbs the oil which comes out of the almonds.
10.Bread crumbs – 2/3 cup
11.Pepper powder- ½ tsp
12.Red chilli flakes – ½ tsp
13. Oil- To fry
1.Clean the chicken and cut into thin strips. Pat dry using a cotton cloth.
2. Marinade the chicken pieces with salt, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and honey. Keep it aside for at least 30 mins.
3.Roll the chicken strips in plain flour. Shake off the excess flour.
4.Take a bowl; add the bitten egg and milk.
5.Dip the chicken pieces in this mixture.
6.Take another bowl and add the almond flour, breadcrumbs, pepper powder and chilli flakes. Mix all well.
7. Roll the chicken pieces in almond & breadcrumb mixture.
8.Refrigerate the coated chicken strips for 1 hour.
9. Deep fry the chicken strips in hot oil until lightly browned.
10. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot with sauce/dip of your choice.
at 12:40 PM